About Me

My photo
Join me in my ramblings about my life, my kids, the meaning of the universe, and adopting from China.





Followers

Tuesday, June 5

Some random meanderings.

Hidey ho all. It has been a couple of days since I last posted, due to

a) being heinously sad over the fact that my piglets are overseas and
b) because I had nothing particularly interesting to say.

However, I was just surfing through a few of the Blogs I have favourited on my computer, and found this questionnaire (thanks Trace7!) so I thought I would waste a few of my numerous spare minutes and fill it in. Enjoy!

FOODOLOGY

What is your salad dressing of choice? Paul Newman's balsamic Vinegar - yummy! Plus all profit goes to children's charities.

What is your favorite fast food restaurant? None (I have a pathological hatred of fast food outlets)

What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? The Deck. Gorgeous views (right on the river) and a steak that you would kill for. Going there for lunch today with DH for some super sushi.

On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant? not applicable here in Tassie - tipping is pretty much an exclusively Yankie thing to do.

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? Cadbury's dairy milk chocolate, anything from the Deck (see above).

What is your favorite type of gum? Juicy fruit.

TECHNOLOGY

What is your wallpaper on your computer? It changes every three minutes as I don't like to be bored! Currently it is a vase of gerberas.

How many televisions are in your house? Two (but only one works!)

How do you listen to music? CD's, radio stations (ABC Classic FM is my choice station at the moment)

BIOLOGY

What’s your best feature? Mmmm, that's a hard one. My teeth maybe???

Have you ever had anything removed from your body? An IUD, about three minutes after it was inserted (apologies to anyone who has been grossed out by this gratuitous information).

Which of your five senses do you think is keenest? Smell

When was the last time you had a cavity? About five years ago . Amazing really, given my massive daily chocolate intake.

What is the heaviest item you lifted last? A bag of chook pellets for the mangy and non-egg-laying chickens.

Have you ever been knocked unconscious? yep - hit in the head with a softball in grade 8 when I was playing short-stop.

BULLSHITOLOGY

If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Nope.

Is love for real? Of course! I live it every day with my fantastic husband and gorgeous kids.

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? When I was a kid I always wanted to be called Sandy, like the blond boy out of Flipper. These days, I think I am pretty happy with what I have.

What color do you think looks best on you? Pink.

Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake? When I was a kid I swallowed a fifty cent piece, which caused my parents some alarm.

Have you ever saved someone’s life? Not that I am aware of.

Has someone ever saved yours? yes, my friend Faith who showed me the way to God.

DAREOLOGY

Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000? Tax free? NO WAY!!!!


Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100? Maybe for a bit more money than that.

Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000? I don't think so!

Would you never blog again for $50,000? Oooh, it would be hard but maybe yes.

Would you pose nude in a magazine for $250,000? Once again, NO!! I really don't think the world needs to be inflicted with pictures of my naked self.

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1,000? I would give it a go.

Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000? Easy. Giving up the computer, however, would be a very different story....

DUMBOLOGY:

What is in your left pocket? A bit of fluff and an unidentifiable piece of silver paper (probably chocolate wrapper)

Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie? Never heard of it (does that mean I fail or pass the dumbology section???)

Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house? carpet and cork tiles in the wet areas. But bloody carpet in the bathrooms - this is what happens when you buy your house from two gay guys!! Carpet in bathrooms and kids just DOES NOT work.

Do you sit or stand in the shower? Stand. I must admit I have never even thought of sitting in the shower.

Could you live with roommates? I have done in the past, but gave it up as a bad job when my roommate during second year Uni had sex with my dog (not joking about this one...)

How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? None.

Last time you had a run-in with the cops? Does a fight with my sister when she was a copper count??

What do you want to be when you grow up? Grow up - NEVER!!!

Last friend you talked to? Alison.

Last person you called? My mum's best friend, Petah, to help her with some computer hassles she is having.

RANDOMOLOGY

First place you went this morning? The computer room, of course!

What can you not wait to do? Hear news of our new baby from China.

What's the last movie you saw? In the theatre - Becoming Jane. At home - The Devil Wears Prada.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi - I think I am the Trace7 you are referring to :) I got your blog off the 11 Moons Blog Roll! What is your LID?

Cristina said...

You most definitely are that Trace7! Thanks for the great idea - I had fun doing it (but it did make me think about the fact that I eat far too much chocolate!!)
Cristina x