About Me

My photo
Join me in my ramblings about my life, my kids, the meaning of the universe, and adopting from China.





Followers

Sunday, June 3

Leaving on a jet plane....


At 5am today, the alarm went off and I awoke with a feeling of dread and nervous anticipation. Today was the day that I had to put my two darling kids onto a plane and say goodbye for 12 days. TWELVE DAYS!!!! This is the longest I have ever been away from them, and already my heart is breaking. As any of you who know me personally will realise, I have a morbid fear of flying, to the point of needing to be drugged out whilst on an aeroplane. So to put the two things that mean more to me than life itself onto a flying tube of death was very, very difficult. I have cried bucketloads of tears, and feel very bereft without them. The house is just so quiet......
I must be going, as today we have another very sad farewell. Our dear Pastor David is delivering his final sermon at our church today, before he and his family move to Newcastle, New South Wales. He has been a real inspiration to us all, and we will miss him terribly. Well, I am off to have a bit more of a cry - for all of you out there with kids, give them an extra hug today, and let them know how much you love them.

4 comments:

Nicky Strickland said...

Even after 8 years (I think, I've actually lost count) I find it hard to be away from Aiden - who is absent every fortnight. I enjoy the break and Damon & I enjoy our 'couple' weekends (if that makes sense) but I miss Ai. Damon is used to me being maudlin for the first and last four-ish hours.

Last year was hard - I let him go to South Korea for to meet his stepmum's family, and, partake in the engagement ceremony (was 21 days). I was a bundle of nerves the entire time he was away. Mind you, my issue wasn't the flying.....

Where have they gone to? It will be a blink of an eye and your house will be noisy as again.

Glad to see you'll be able to re-capture the photos :)

Sure your morning was bittersweet but more sweet than bitter :)

Cristina said...

Hi Nicky - thanks for your encouraging words. They have gone to Hong Kong - Disneyland, Ocean Park, etc etc. Mum has been planning the trip for almost two years, and it feels a bit surreal now that the moment has actually arrived! I just hope that I will be able to keep busy and not fret too much...
Cristina xx

Shannon said...

(((Hugs to you))). I'm sure they will have a blast and be back to you with tons of great stories before you know it. Still doesn't make the wait any better, does it? But ice cream helps a little.

Cristina said...

Thanks Shannon. I am sure they will have a blast too -it's a great oppurtunity for them! I am doing OK - just hoping that they call soon to let me know how they are going! Once again - thanks for the kind words and hugs!
[img]http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Personal/Lovin-Wink.gif[/img]