About Me

My photo
Join me in my ramblings about my life, my kids, the meaning of the universe, and adopting from China.





Followers

Wednesday, June 20

A drab sort of nothing day..

Aside from a lovely couple of hours spent this morning with a good friend in a warm coffee shop, today is shaping up to be a bit of a non-event. There aren't even any good rumours out there about the next round of allocations. Mind you, there is a nasty murmuring on the RQ site that the next lot of referrals may only cover two days (now haven't I heard that before??) but I am choosing to ignore that until further notice. So ho hum, twiddle my thumbs, I feel my life is slipping away and that I am being completely non-productive. When my DS and DD were little, and they were at home full time, I didn't feel this way. Sure, some days were hellishly frustrating and even mind-numbingly boring, but I always had a PURPOSE. There were noses to be wiped, nappies to be changed, games to be played, playgroups to attend and all that baby-related stuff. Now that they are both big school kids, my 'mum' role is much reduced. I feel that I am just filling in time until Alice arrives and I can start all over again. Some may call me mad (several of my close relatives, in fact) but to me, there is nothing more rewarding than a little person who thinks you are the best thing in the world, and who wants to be with you all the time. It's that sort of stuff which makes being a mum so much more rewarding than any other job I have ever done - it may be 24/7, the pay may be crap, and you have to do some pretty awful things (cleaning up vomit is high on my list of grossest jobs) but when it all comes down to it, you are caring for a very special little person. A little person who depends on you for their every need, and who loves you more than anything. Now that's awesome. I can't wait to do it all over again....
Webfetti.com

No comments: