About Me

My photo
Join me in my ramblings about my life, my kids, the meaning of the universe, and adopting from China.





Followers

Sunday, May 6

Here I am again...

Well, I have decided that my last blog just wasn't working (ie: I was too lazy to post) and then I lost it when my favourites list disappeared, so now the time has come to re-create my masterpiece (ha ha). I have titled my blog 'Our Journey to Alice' simply because that is what we are on - a very long, very painful and incredibly frustrating journey to adopt our daughter Alice from China. Our file was logged in with the CCAA (China Centre for Adoption Affairs) on November 22nd 2005. At that time, referrals were taking about 6 months to arrive. I distinctly remember thinking to myself that 2006 was going to be OUR year - this was very closely followed by another voice saying 'nope - it will be 2007'. Hmm, methinks that God knew what He was talking about. As soon as our file arrived in China, the Great Slow Down began. We are now at the 17 and a half month mark, and are STILL waiting for our referral. During those 17 and a half months I have:
a) had a birthday, soon to be two;
b) gained about five kilos;
c) spent countless hours worrying about our adoption;
d) wasted far too many hours on the computer, searching for any snippet of news about China referrals.

So, here I am, heavier, with more grey hairs and wrinkles and a far more acute knowledge of how my computer works. Not neccessarily all bad then...

The way things are going at the moment, we should hear our good news in the next 2-6 months, with travel to occur before the end of the year. Who knows - the CCAA could decide to have a big speed up now that we are almost at the end of our wait, and we may be next!! But I somehow doubt it. Anyway, that's where I am, what I am up to and how I have come to be here. I PROMISE (pinky swear, fingers crossed and all the rest) to be more regular with my posts from now on, as it is a great outlet for all the pre-referral craziness that I am feeling!!

Until next time, zai jian.

No comments: