About Me

My photo
Join me in my ramblings about my life, my kids, the meaning of the universe, and adopting from China.





Followers

Monday, May 28

Hanging on tenterhooks...



ten·ter·hook /ˈtɛntərˌhʊk/ Pronunciation[ten-ter-hook]
–noun 1. one of the hooks or bent nails that hold cloth stretched on a tenter.
—Idiom2. on tenterhooks, in a state of uneasy suspense or painful anxiety.
I think the second definition says it all - referrals should be coming within the next week or so, and I am definitely in a state of uneasy suspense (occasionally veering off towards painful anxiety). I know that it would take a near miracle for us to be included in this next referral batch, but the thought is still there, niggling away at my mind, saying 'it may happen....' Even after all this waiting, the interminable months of the wait time extending beyond all our worst nightmares, I think to finally get 'the call' will be a mind-blowing experience. To hear our daughter's name for the first time, to find out where she was born, to see pictures of her little face... I feel teary even typing these words, such is the emotion that I feel about our soon-to-be daughter. Keep your eyes peeled folks - that stork should be taking flight any day now.

3 comments:

Nicky Strickland said...

I'm impressed at your coping abilities. I'd have gone round the twist, not a number of bends by now with the not knowing (to me that is always my answer to the worst feeling in the world cause you can't do nada thing about it).
Hugs & hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Thousands of miles away in China fate is creating your changing family - the "red thread" weaving your family and Alice together - it gives me goosebumps thinking about it. You are so close now Cristina. All the delay is to bring you the child you are meant to have.

Maddy and Zeke's Mom said...

Love your blog! Looking forwrd to following your journey (although we may be in China at the same time w/LIDs just 1 day apart).