Monday, May 28
Hanging on tenterhooks...
ten·ter·hook /ˈtɛntərˌhʊk/ Pronunciation[ten-ter-hook]
–noun 1. one of the hooks or bent nails that hold cloth stretched on a tenter.
—Idiom2. on tenterhooks, in a state of uneasy suspense or painful anxiety.
I think the second definition says it all - referrals should be coming within the next week or so, and I am definitely in a state of uneasy suspense (occasionally veering off towards painful anxiety). I know that it would take a near miracle for us to be included in this next referral batch, but the thought is still there, niggling away at my mind, saying 'it may happen....' Even after all this waiting, the interminable months of the wait time extending beyond all our worst nightmares, I think to finally get 'the call' will be a mind-blowing experience. To hear our daughter's name for the first time, to find out where she was born, to see pictures of her little face... I feel teary even typing these words, such is the emotion that I feel about our soon-to-be daughter. Keep your eyes peeled folks - that stork should be taking flight any day now.
- ► 2009 (72)
- ► 2008 (96)
- That time of the month.
- It's not over...
- Hanging on tenterhooks...
- Our wicked Labrador.
- Sometimes I hate technology...
- I often wonder...
- Ladybirds (or ladybugs if you are a Yank)
- Surprise wedding!
- Still more rain - and a sick chick.
- Rain, Glorious Rain!!!
- Home Decorating with The Obsessive-Compulsive.
- My Trip to the Takeaway (pun intended)
- I've done it again
- A very moving video - make sure you have tissues n...
- Well, here I am again, in front of...
- The Rumours are Coming!
- Our Journey
- Something sorta cute...
- Speaking of revealing....
- Sweet November...
- Mandarin mayhem
- Murder? I think not...
- The Great Hermit Crab Massacre
- Here I am again...
- ▼ May (24)