About Me

My photo
Join me in my ramblings about my life, my kids, the meaning of the universe, and adopting from China.





Followers

Saturday, October 20

Day Two In Nanchang



What an experience we are having in China. It is filthy, noisy, loud and I LOVE IT!!!!! We have sampled food at several local restaurants, which has been fabulous, and today we took a rather hair-raisng minivan ride to Alice's home town of Feng Cheng. DH spent most of the return trip with his eyes firmly closed as it was terrifying. Feng Cheng itself is a relatively poor city of about 1.2 million people. WE were fortunate enough to be able to visit Alice's finding place, and the orphanage. Although we were not allowed inside the orphanage, we did take some pictures and talked to the assistant director. We returned from Feng Cheng at lunch time, and after that visited a huge market where we bargained fiercely. We are currently waiting for our kids to phone, and at 6pm we are off to have our last dinner as a batch without our babies. Wow. It seems so very surreal. Hope to be able to post again soon, but I won't make any promises!!

2 comments:

Sam said...

China sure is beautiful - we can't wait to see Alice in your arms.
Sherri in Florida

Nicky Strickland said...

All those episodes of Top Gear & now you're living it.....