About Me

My photo
Join me in my ramblings about my life, my kids, the meaning of the universe, and adopting from China.





Followers

Saturday, July 7

Beautiful Babies!!

I have just been time-wasting on the Rumour Queen site (now there's a shock!) looking at the most recent referral pictures. Honestly, it makes me tear up, looking at these gorgeous little people. One little babe was a January 2007 birthday, which made me wonder (not for the first time) how old Alice will be when we receive our joyous news. Although we are approved for a child aged from birth to 12 months, China tends not to take too much notice of this approval, and allocates babies as they see fit. Sometimes the oldest family in the group will receive the youngest baby, and vice versa. We are the youngest couple in our batch, and I have spent many hours wondering how old she will be. I would love her to be as young as possible, so as to maximise the time I can spend with her whilst she is still a wee babe in arms, but I know that God will bless us with the child that He sees fit. And that child may be 20 months old!! So, I will just have to keep on waiting and wondering for another 60 days or so - now that doesn't seem too far away, does it??!! I can feel myself coming over all excited again!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am so excited that you will see your baby soon. That January baby is my little princess Aurora. She is the most perfect child they could have given us. No matter how old! She even looks like us (really) She has reddish blond hair!!! But had we been even 1 month earlier we would not have been refferead her, she was not ready. Rory was 6 months old on refferal day.
These past 24 hours I can't help but wonder at Gods plan that he had. I know it sound annoying now (Trust me, we started 28 months ago!) But you really will get the best baby for you. When the time is right.
Heidi
Aurora Grace's mommy