Many apologies to OziMum for being a complete slacko and not replying to her 'tag'!! I have now been tagged by Louanne so I had better extract the digit and see what I can do! Here's the rules:
You are to link the person who sent this to you and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog. Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. So here's my seven strange/weird facts:
1. I have a convict in my family. Robert McBurnie was my grandmother's grandfather, and he was transported from England to Tasmania for 'harbouring a criminal'.
2. I have an incredibly rare eye disease. See my post
3. I have an Honours Degree in Classics, and my thesis was a study of the portrayal of ancient Greek sexuality in their pornographic red and black figure pottery.
4. I travelled widely as a child, taking my first O/S holiday at the age of two. I stopped travelling O/S when I was 19 and experienced a horror flight which led to an acute fear of flying.
5. My grandfather was Mayor of Devonport, the city where I was born and currently live.
6. My great-uncle opened the first nudist colony on the north-west coast of Tasmania. He later died of syphilis!!
7. I ALWAYS wanted to get a nose job. I in fact worked from the age of 14 in my parents' bakery to save up for it. By the time I had enough money I was also old enough to drive, so I decided my money would be better spent on a car. Still haven't had the nose job either....
And now these are the people I am going to tag:
2. Kurt and Kelly
6. Mary Mia
Thanks again OziMum and Louanne - not sure how weird or interesting my seven facts are, but I hope you will enjoy them!
- ► 2009 (72)
- ▼ February (12)