About Me

My photo
Join me in my ramblings about my life, my kids, the meaning of the universe, and adopting from China.





Followers

Monday, March 10

Sleepover Hangover















DD went to a friend's house last night for a sleep over. I still think this term is somewhat of a misnomer, as not much sleep was had by any of the girls. DD said she finally went to sleep at 3.30 am, and was awake by 5am. When she arrived home I asked if she was tired. "No, no, no, I feel fine' was the testy response. By lunchtime she was starting to flag noticeably (although would never admit to it) so I suggested she go and have a bit of a rest on the couch and read a book. Ten minutes later, the above photo shows the result. It has now been over an hour and she is still out cold - she hasn't napped during the day since (funnily enough) this time last year when she attended the same friend's party!

Speaking of naps, today is a momentous day in our household. The divine Miss Alice is having her first day of only one nap. She has been pretty consistent with her need for a morning and afternoon nap since we arrived home, but the past fortnight or so has seen some frightening developments. Not wanting to go to bed, playing and singing in her cot for well over an hour and a half before going to sleep for a paltry thirty minutes, etc. So today I bit the bullet and kept her up until 12.30pm. She fell asleep during her bottle, went to bed without a peep and has been there for over an hour. I am REALLY hoping that I get at least two hours out of her, or even more, but we shall just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, the boys are at golf, my girls are asleep and I have a little peace and quiet. Ahhh, bliss.....
UPDATE: The not-so-divine Miss A has just awoken after a measly hour and twenty minutes. Bugger.....

4 comments:

OziMum said...

Oh I hear ya! My DD is the same, with her snappy "but I'm not tired".... hmmmm.... just the mere tone in your voice suggests otherwise!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny Cristina...my eldest at 14 is the same after her sleep overs at her friends house too...looks really warm in Tassieland...wow...we are hoping for spring soon...can hardly wait for this never ending winter to be done!!
Take care. CTG

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Ah yeah... I remember those days... haha

Cristina said...

Just testing my settings people...